Health Home Services
1050 Niagara St, Buffalo (716) 710-4393
What is a Health Home?
A Health Home provides care management services to Medicaid recipients to help make sure their medical, mental health and substance abuse services are being met. A Health Home makes sure everyone involved in an individual's care is working well together and sharing the information that is important in supporting a person's recovery. In addition to physical health services, the Health Home is expected to coordinate the social service needs of the member as well.
Lake Shore Health Home Services is a partner with Health Homes of Upstate New York (HHUNY). For more information about health homes and how they can help you, please visit the HHUNY website
Who is Eligible?
Medicaid recipients in Erie County, including those who are already members of a Managed Care Organization. Individuals who have both Medicaid and Medicare are also eligible.
Those eligible need to meet one of the following conditions:
- Two or more chronic health conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, mental health condition or substance use disorder
- Significant Mental Illness
- Living with HIV/AIDs
How Can a Health Home Help Me?
The work of the Health Home is about improving not just your physical health, but your
mental and social health as well.
The Health Home assists you to:
- Develop your personalized care plan to help meet your goals
- Make sure everyone involved in your health care understands your goals
- Get involved in activities to improve and keep you healthy
- link to housing, legal assistance, food and other essential needs
- Learn more about meaningful social and community activities to include in your life
- Successfully move from one type of care to another
For more information please download our brochure here.
For more information about
Lake Shore Health Home Services
please download our brochure here.